It’s been an eventful week in the world of festivals. Just in case you missed all the action from this week (September 15-21), here’s The Sherp’s round-up of the top news
1. Narendra Modi to
headline attend a music festival headlined by Tiesto and Jay-Z
Yup! The Prime Minister will attend the Global Citizen Festival in New York, USA; will be joined by Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina, Norway premier Erna Solberg and U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
2. This psy-trance party in Turkey could just be your dream festival
Psy-Boutique Festival, held in Butterfly Valley, in the Turkish city of Fethiye, is a small little secret that you could make yours now!
3. Wild, offensive and totally useless, here’s presenting the stupidest things you can wear at a music festival
From fur boots to racially offensive headgear, The Sherp breaks it down for you.
4. 15 stunning works of tattoo artistes that rocked Germany’s Rock n Ink Tattoo Festival
The artistes that featured in the recently concluded Rock n Ink Tattoo Festival (September 12-14) proved just why there can be no better canvas than the human body.
5. Check out this new music festival right in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle. No kidding.
The Bacardi Triangle Festival will be held on an island in the North Island Sea; to be headlined by Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris.
6. Looks like Zomboy will be coming to India, after all
It’s official, the dubstep commander will be performing in Mumbai, on 9th October.
7. 10 simple rules for making the quintessential EDM festival after-movie
After some thorough research on the finer details of how dance music after-movies work, The Sherp lists out a few pointers you should adhere to if you’re interested in filming one yourself.
8. Dillon Francis announced as the next Vh1 Supersonic headliner
One of the rising stars of the electronic music industry in 2014, the exuberant troll will perform at this year’s Vh1 Supersonic in Goa
9. Some fun facts about Oktoberfest you should know
What’s better than a festival dedicated to beer? As far as cultural festivals go, Oktoberfest is a beer vacation that runs for 16 consecutive days, starting from late September till early October. This year will be Munich’s 181st Oktoberfest, where millions of people will gather to drink and be merry!
10. Sander van Doorn’s Burning Man ‘after-movie’ takes you on a trip like no other
The electro-house Dutch DJ’s recap video captures the other-wordliness of the recently concluded Nevada festivity