Time to ‘rock on’ at Vh1 Supersonic 2018.
Incubus are making their India debut at Laxmi Lawns in Pune on 11th February and rock fans in India are all set to headbang their way to the first-ever fully multi-genre edition of Vh1 Supersonic.
Formed in 1991 by vocalist Brandon Boyd, lead guitarist Mike Einziger, and drummer Jose Pasillas while enrolled in High School in USA, Incubus earned mainstream recognition in no time. Best know for their highest charting song “Drive”, the band has eight successful albums to their credit and several tracks that have reached multi-platinum sales. But these are just a few things that are universally known about the band.
Before you catch these rock legends live at the festival (get your tickets here), get a low-down on some interesting facts and news about the band:
1. Apparently, Incubus did not know their name means “A demon that rapes a sleeping woman.” One of them was reading a magazine and thought the word sounded interesting.
2. The songs from their first album ‘Fungus Amongus’ were recorded when the band members were around 18 years old. They were able to work on their music only during hours in which they were not in school.
3. The band lived together while recording their fourth album ‘Morning View’. This is because they believe that being in close proximity to one another is important during the writing and recording process.
4. They are the only major band that did not cancel their show in New York City during the September 11th, 2001 week.
5. On the MTV show ‘Cribs’, Einziger and Kilmore mentioned that if they were not in a band, they would be “Interior decorators for the stars.”
6. Their track “Megalomaniac” was banned from daytime viewing on MTV for being perceived as an attack on the Bush administration. Though these allegations turned out to be untrue, the band was actually pleased with their night-time viewing restriction.
7. In 2006, Incubus launched the “I Dig Incubus” contest, in which participants cut together clips of the band performing their single “Dig”, to form a complete music video.
8. In April 2008 the band took a break from touring and recording. Brandon Boyd enrolled in a university art program in Los Angeles, while guitarist Mike Einziger went to Harvard music school to study composition.
9. The band has worked on a collaboration with Skrillex that was released on April 21, 2017. Skrillex also has contributed to the production and mixing of their latest album ‘8’.
10. The band uses a wide variety of instruments in their music that are not traditionally associated with use in rock music, including a djembe, sitar, didgeridoo, and bongos. They also use a ‘pipa’ given to them by rock musician Steve Vai, which is played by Einziger in the song “Aqueous Transmission”.
So get your tickets for Vh1 Supersonic 2018 ASAP and catch Incubus in action on 11th February. You can also get a Weekend Pass exclusively at just INR 3250.
Check out official #SupersonicMerch right here now!
Stay tuned to the Sherp for more updates.