At least 22 people are dead and almost 60 injured in what police are treating as a terrorist incident Monday night at Manchester Arena, where pop singer Ariana Grande was performing!

According to British Transport Police, an explosion took place within the Manchester Arena’s foyer area at 10:30 p.m. local time.

Credits: Joel Goodman/LNP/REX/Shutterstock

As concertgoers, many young fans of the singer were beginning to leave the arena after Grande’s closing set when an explosion rocked the area. Confusion followed as people fled in search of safety, and the sound of wailing sirens soon cut through the smoky air outside the arena.
A fleet of ambulances was seen rushing to the venue and bomb disposal teams were dispatched soon after, as city residents opened up their doors to stranded concert-goers after train services were shut down.
There was mass panic after the explosion at the end of the concert, which was part of Grande’s The Dangerous Woman Tour. The singer was not injured, according to a representative.

British police have confirmed the explosion at Manchester Arena was caused by a man holding an “improvised explosive device”.

Credits : Photo: Peter Byrne/PA Wire

“We have been treating this as a terrorist incident, and we believe at this stage the attack last night was conducted by one man. The priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network,” a police spokesman said.

“The attacker, I can confirm, died at the arena. We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device, which he detonated causing this atrocity.” Police said they would not release information on the attacker, including his name.

Greater Manchester is the United Kingdom’s second-most populous urban area with a population of 2.55 million. The city of Manchester has responded to the death and chaos triggered after the  Ariana Grande concert, with offers of beds for the stranded, cups of tea for those stunned and bewildered and free taxi rides home as public transport ground to a halt.