It’s been an eventful week in the world of festivals. Just in case you missed all the action from this week (September 8-14), here’s The Sherp’s round-up of the top news
1. Watch MTV’s Tomorrowland Documentary In All Its Glory
The documentary, titled 10 Years Of Unity, Love, Madness & Magic, was aired on MTV in honour of the festival’s iconic tenth anniversary.
2. 20 Photographs That Prove Why Croatia’s Outlook Festival Was A World Of Pure Fancy
The weekend music gala that ended recently scored high on everything — the vibe, the location, the line-up and the enthusiasm of the attendees.
3. The Kumbh Mela Preview
A short film that skillfully binds together human stories that surround the Kumbh Mela.
4. 20 Eye-Popping Fancy Dress Costumes That Stole The Show At Bestival, UK
Like a giant carnival, every year, Bestival hosts an infamous fancy dress parade that brings together various creative individuals who turn up in their wackiest best. At Desert Island Disco, wigs, props, painted faces, feather boas are a dime a dozen. Here are some that turned heads.
5. The Chainsmokers To Be One Of The Headliners At Vh1 Supersonic
The American duo, which catapulted to fame with their infectious number ‘#SELFIE’, will perform in Goa this December.
6. Is Activists’ Plea For Canine Ban At Australia’s Defqon.1 Festival Justified?
After the death of a man due to drug overdose at last year’s edition, harm reduction advocates insist sniffer dogs be banned on venue, as they create panic. But are these canines really a problem at festivals? Or are we just looking for someone to blame?
7. Have You Ever Witnessed A Drug Test? Watch This Documentary Filmed At A Festival
A drug testing organisation in the United States has filmed a documentary titled, What’s In My Baggie?, which helps dispel several myths surrounding drug abuse.