Follow these codes of conduct and you’ll find yourself face-to-face with some pretty massive global and Indian icons.
It’s here! Well almost. The Global Citizen India Festival is all set to make history in Mumbai tomorrow and we’re losing our minds over the excitement. But, like every good festival, the security is going to be on top of their game. There are some major dos and don’ts that are an absolutely RULE and best you follow them if you don’t want your hard-earned passes to go to waste. And, some clarifications in case you have your information all wrong.
1) GATES CLOSE AT 4 P.M. SHARP.
We aren’t kidding here. There is no leniency going to be displayed if you are late. The gates open at 10 a.m. and the event begins at 1.30 p.m. So let’s not get lazy people.
2) CARRY A GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION ON YOU.
Do not forget to carry your passport/Aadhar card/Driving License with you. Any one ID proof (with address proof on it) is all you need.
3) WHAT NOT TO CARRY.
No bags, backpacks, handbags, cigarettes, Professional cameras, any form of recording instruments, pens, arms and ammunition, eatables, bottled water, beverages, alcohol are not allowed from outside into the festival. I repeat NO BAGS ALLOWED. Wear pocket-friendly attire.
4) NO RE-ENTRY PERMITTED.
Once you leave the premise, you don’t get to go back inside. In fact, from what we’ve heard, they cut off your wrist bands the second you leave the premise.
5) DON’T, I REPEAT, DON’T LOSE YOUR WRIST BAND.
This mark of identification is as important as your passport while travelling internationally. Without the wristband, you won’t be permitted to stay on at the venue. And don’t forget to collect yours when you enter the premise. Replacement wrist bands will not be issued. So if you lose yours, too bad.
6) EACH ZONE HAS A DIFFERENT ENTRY GATE. SO STICK TO YOURS.
By now you know which zone your pass permits you to enter. If you don’t want all your efforts of standing in line to go to waste, make sure you stand in the right line for your designated zone. Otherwise, you’ll have to start all over again in the right line. Also, once inside, there is no chance for you to move from one zone to another. So avoid trouble and stay in your area. Be smart about this guys.
7) NO OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES ALLOWED. THEY ARE AVAILABLE INSIDE.
We know this is going to be a really long show, but worry not. You can buy your supplies inside the venue as they will be well-stocked. Outside F&B is not permitted, but this isn’t something new. Everyone who attends festivals knows about this.
8) NO CASH PAYMENTS INSIDE.
Loose cash will not be permitted for use inside the venue. You can get a SPECIAL card that can be filled with cash for use inside. Basically, it will act as your debit/credit card, only within the venue though. This card can be recharged but you will not be refunded the excess amount. The remaining money will be donated to charity, incase you can’t exhaust the money on it.
Now that we have addressed the dos and don’ts, here is the information you’ve been waiting to hear:
1) The venue is equipped with wheel-chair access.
2) There is a strict NO-SMOKING policy within the venue.
3) First-aid booths will be set up in every zone.
4) Coldplay WILL perform for 90 MINUTES.
5) The international artists, in total, will perform for over 3.5 hours.
6) Parking near or at the festival premises is extremely limited and at the risk of the vehicle owner. MakeMyTrip will be providing shuttle services from train stations.
7) There will be signs and maps available at multiple points which can clearly show everything at the day of the event as well as there will be a map clearly depicting the entry and exit zones
8) The event will be streamed online on Voot and will be shown LIVE on VH1.