Every music festival experience is preceded with a ton of expectations. In reality, very few of them actually come true.
The Sherp is here taking a walk down the path of grief – chronicling all those expectations we ever had, that were unmercifully squashed by music festivals.
1. Expectation : You’d walk into the festival venue like a proverbial badass with untouchable swag.
Reality : This line
2. Expectation : You cannot wait to jostle through a crowd of music lovers for the best spot in front of the stage.
Reality: This depressing turnover
3. Expectation: You feel like your Coachella-inspired fashion is on point
Reality : But this is you
4. Expectation : You think you’ll meet some really cool people.
Reality : Creeps
5. Expectation : A truly rewarding camping experience
Reality : No leg space
6. Expectation : You want to have only a few drinks and a good time.
Reality : You stay sober throughout because the drinks are exorbitantly priced.
7. Expectation : A beautiful getaway from the city is expected
Reality : This abomination
8. Expectation : A wonderful substance-infused high.
Reality : You have no idea what’s going on
9. Expectation : You cannot wait to meet a festival soulmate
Reality : Your potential makeout
10. Expectation : You think you’ll come back with a lot of memories
Reality : Your state of mind
(All gif images : Giphy)