Last weekend saw some of the biggest mainstream artistes from around the globe playing to a frenzied crowd at the Boston Calling music festival. The three-day affair gave fans many unforgettable moments. Here are some of the best.
1. Twenty-One Pilots’ drummer Josh Dun’s advanced crowdsurfing
The musician has made this a regular feature at the gig. And trust us, this kinds of showmanship never gets boring. We’d love to watch this spectacle every single time it happens.
2. Lorde’s phenomenal act brightened the weather-affect Boston
With weather acting up on Saturday — complete with rain, thunder and lightening — Lorde’s performance brought cheer to the slightly dejected crowd. Her biggest hits, ‘Royals’ and ‘Team’, became crowd anthems in no moment, with thousands singing along to the tune.
3. Headliner Childish Gambino was a smooth operator
His energy was infectious, and his poise on stage, matchless.
4. Rachael Price’s big voice wowed everyone
It’s no wonder why the crows gravitated towards the stage when her band, Lake Street Dive, took to the stage.
5. Sky Ferreira proved why she must be taken seriously
With her idiosyncratic young-but-wise vibe, the young singer-songwriter gave enough reason for the people to fall in love with her.
(All Images Courtesy: Boston Calling Festival)