The Sherp reveals some things about Hardwell you probably never knew!
Before kicking off his tour in India this weekend, here are a few things about Hardwell you probably didn’t know. In spite of being ranked as the #6 DJ in the world, the 25-year-old Dutch producer is refreshingly down to earth and hospitable. Did you know Hardwell’s real name is Robbert van de Corput? Read on to find out more about him!
1. Hardwell started his DJ career when he was only 13 years old and his first release was signed by a Dutch label when he was only 14!
2. In April 2005, Hardwell won a Dutch Urban Award with his Bubbling Beats Party concept.
3. His favorite drink is Heineken.
4. Hardwell was four-years-old when he started playing the piano and he started producing dance music when he was only eight.
5. The stage name ‘Hardwell’, which he started using when he was only 12, was created by his father, which is the family’s last name in Latin.
6. Between ages 14-18, Hardwell took his parents along with him when he played at major clubs in Netherlands because he was too young to enter!
7. Hardwell decided to follow his dream at the age of 10, after watching a documentary featuring Armin van Buuren, Tiesto and Ferry Corsten.
8. He got his international break with his ‘Show Me Love vs. Be’ bootleg which became an instant hit and is still played in clubs!
9. Hardwell’s massive track ‘Zero 76’ with mentor Tiesto is dedicated to the area code of the city both of them proudly hail from – Breda – which is tucked deep within the Netherlands.
10. He is skilled at Judo and Martial arts. As a teenager, when Hardwell wasn’t producing music or playing at clubs, he would spend his time polishing his ninja skills.
11. Hardwell started off his career producing hip-hop music.
12. His radio show and podcast ‘Hardwell On Air’ is broadcasted on more than 25 international radio stations and also ranks in the iTunes Top 10 Podcasts in more than 30 countries!
13. His all-time favorite producers are Dr. Dre, Swedish House Mafia and Skrillex.
14. His favorite track of this year is W&W and Ummet Ozcan’s The Code.
15. Hardwell is releasing a documentary in October titled ‘I Am Hardwell’. Videographer Robin Piree has been following the 25-year-old Dutch superstar for two and a half years, capturing his ascension to fame!