It’s okay. Help is on its way.
Music festivals. Sigh. That beautiful time when you can let go and be free your happy hippie self. But coming back to reality, that’s not so fun, is it now? However, if you’re someone who only physically makes it back to daily life, while your head is filled with the euphoric neon-tinged moments, you might need help. If you relate to five or more instances on this list, immediately undertake festival therapy and head to the nearest music festival as soon as possible.
1. When you realize it’s unacceptable to wear flower crowns to work.
And it’s not even because the trend is so 2014. What is this nonsense about a formal dress code and all?
2. When no one in the office appreciates it when you try and start a mosh pit.
‘C’mon guys it’ll be fun, I’ll play some Bhayanak Maut!’
3. When pressed against countless, sweaty people on a train makes you nostalgic.
IT’S LIKE WE ARE A FAMILY!
4. When your body clock doesn’t let you sleep until 3 in the morning.
But you still gotta get up for normal daily activities because you are an adult and you have a responsibilities.
5. When you are constantly looking around for sniffer dogs ‘weeding’ out your stash.
You’re walking on the street like the most chill thing ever, but wait, did that dog just give you the classic side eye? Abort abort abort!
6. When the only reason you will ever get out of bed is if you get to listen to your favourite band while sprawled out on a festival lawn.
Or raving it out on someone’s shoulders. Drinking overpriced beer out of a plastic cup, of course.
7. A stable relationship does not appeal to you anymore because meaningless festival sex ftw!
What is all this commitment and all? Nope, you’d rather go back to having extremely close encounters of the risky kind with people you just met. Thanks.
8. When the #boho #chic festival look is not really appropriate for your cousin’s wedding.
Your aunt is totally judging you for the tank top, shorts and flip flops combination you went for hey, you gotta do you, right?
9. When you are ridiculously upset over the fact that you have nothing cool to Snapchat about.
Filters are your only entertainment now. *cue dog face selfie*
10. When you realize that it’s not okay to talk to random cute people on the street. Randomly. Because they get creeped out.
It’s okay. It’s not your fault that basic social courtesy only applies in music festivals.
11. Daydreaming about the next festival adventure you’re going to be going on when you should be doing normal human things.
For others you’re crossing a road, but in your head you’re having a fashion parade.
12. Actually dreaming about festivals.
Is it any surprise that the best time you ever had has leaked into your unconscious mind and haunts your slumber? Do you even mind? Nope and nope.