As Ultra Music Festival returned for its 18th year, an estimated 170,000 music-lovers flocked to Bayfront Park to experience the thrill and excitement that Ultra boasts. The “Humans of Ultra” came ready to party, along with some curious fashion choices. For the ladies, overalls, bikini tops, tutus, and “booty shorts” were all the rage. Superhero-inspired t-shirts, graphic tanks, kandi, and other costumes were fashion standards for the men. These enthusiastic individuals ‘came through’ from all over the world, and represented their home countries by flaunting their flags proudly. We set out to photograph as many photos as possible for our own spin of Humans of Ultra.
(Words by Jacqueline Gottlob, Images by Greg Bowser)
1.”7-Up makes us bubbly”
2. Families that rave together stay together.
3. Too much Kandi is not a thing.
4. Even Ultra security personnel were getting into the groove.
5. Birds of a feather perched by the main stage
6. These ultra-goers hail from Quebec and are proud of it!
7. Who knew that Wonder Woman truly loves Ultra?
8. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
9. We found Waldo!
10. Sometimes, you just need to relax and enjoy the music with a coconut drink.
11. Techno squad at the Resistance stage.
12. They either dressed for Ultra or Coachella, we’re not too sure…
13. All the way from Japan!
14. Let’s not speculate too much about this one.
15. Ultra, show your flags!
16. Taking the experience to new heights?
17. Spotted : Aliens at Ultra
18. Flipping for a photo.