The Corona Sunsets is heading to Hyderabad for it’s next edition and the Sherp had a quick chat with their French headlining act, Darlyn Vlys.
1. Hey Darlyn! It’s great to have you in India! You’re headlining the Hyderabad edition of Corona Sunsets and your fans would love to know what awaits them when you’re behind the decks.
Hello! Thanks to you for inviting me! I will be playing dark and sexy tunes with a great influence from artists like Maceo Plex, Alex Niggemann, Olivier Giacamotto. Some friends told me Indian people have a really good culture about electronic music. I am extremely excited !!
2. Your sound has definitely struck a chord with some of the biggest names in the industry. How important do you think it is to collaborate with such pioneers? How difficult is it to maintain your own creativity when you’re working with the best?
Make music with some of the best DJ’s is always a pleasure for me. It is a great motivation to keep the high level of my inspiration.
3.When did you decide to shift your base of operations to Valencia? Any specific reason why you moved to Spain?
After having graduated in Cinema from France, I moved to Valencia where I started my career. Love caused my final move to this beautiful city 🙂
4. What is it that guides your desire to make music? What qualities and values characterize your creative instinct?
DARK and SEXY. More exactly, life. Look, listen, touch, taste, innovate … all that kind of sensation give me the inspiration for the next chapter. Younger, I always play music instruments like guitar or piano, and I learn it from myself just listening what i like from my records and try to do it again. Music is the main important part of the process. You’ve got to love it, to listen it and to fly with it.
5. Name five people who have been your major sources of inspiration through your successful journey as a music producer.
Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Vitalic, Maceo Plex have a great influence on my music but my major source of inspiration is my new born baby.
1. If you had to get married at a festival, which one would it be and why?
Without no doubt, Burning Man, the incredible ‘Mad Max’ like festival, in the middle of nowhere. Full of strange people coming from like another planet. The best place with the best DJ’s to say YES, I DO.
2. Who/what is your favorite festival buddy? Tell us why.
Sonar OFF in Barcelona is for me the best festival. I played there every year. People have a really good culture about electronic music.
3. A festival you would consider being sober at?
Monegros Desert, because I don’t want to lose the way of my camping. It’s so HUGE !
4. If you could take only 3 things to a festival, what would they be and why?
Summer, Big sound system & … big DJs.
(All Images via: Darlyn Vlys Facebook)