Sónar Barcelona is where the entire electronic music community lands up every year, to network, impart knowledge and perform for huge crowds. It’s one of Europe’s biggest electronic music events, and focuses on the progression of the scene as a whole.
Multiple Sónar events happen around the world, but Sónar Barcelona is where it all started, and it has only grown in size since its inception. With the likes of Fatboy Slim, Boys Noize, Laurent Garnier, Skepta and many more influential artists in the scene on stage this year, Sónar delivered. The Sónar By Day and Sónar By Night sessions both saw massive turnouts, and everyone went home happy.
Here are some pictures for you to drool over till the next edition of Sónar Barcelona comes along.
1. Every year, Sónar brings in some of the most creative electronic artists from around the world, and holds showcases that span 4 days.
2. Like any other festival, Sónar attendees had their candid moments.
3. Of course, there was time for some sweet nothings.
4. The revered Red Bull Music Academy stage made its presence felt at Sónar, with some really creative acts taking the stage.
5. Sónar’s counterpart for discussions on digital culture, Sónar+D, also saw a lot of action, with some cool installations and panel discussions.
6. Hand hearts! Hand hearts!
7. Just another moment in the sea of people who came to Sónar this year.
8. Now, would you look at that live setup?
(All above photos courtesy: Sónar / Facebook)
9. Instagram had some pretty great shots too.
Looking at these photos alone, we cannot wait for Sónar Barcelona 2017!