The much-loved Governor’s Ball might have prematurely ended on Saturday thanks to a horrible thunderstorm that ceased Sunday’s festivities, but that didn’t stop the shutterbugs from taking amazing pictures of the annual city festival.
The Sherp has picked the best photos from the weekend that was Govball 2016, so take a look at them and drool!
1. A flurry of emotions were present at Govball, showing just how the good people of NYC party.
2. Anyone up for this offer? Anyone? No? Okay.
3. Who doesn’t like silhouette shots? Here are some of the best silhouettes from Govball 2016.
4. What’s a music festival without props, costumes and hand fans?
5. The performers were in their element. Nobody slouched, and everyone gave it their best.
6. Guitars are built for two things. Strumming and destroying.
7. The rain might have been a bit of a mood dampener, but that didn’t stop the good folk of New York from coming out and having a blast.
(All above photos courtesy: Forest Woodward / Govball NYC)
8. Instagram was filled with photos from the event too.
All these photos make us wish Sunday wasn’t cancelled. But then, there’s always a next time for everything, and we can’t wait for the 2017 edition!