Random Access Memories slips through the cracks for a free download.
Heave a collective sigh of relief, the nail-biting wait is finally over. Daft Punk’s highly anticipated album ‘Random Access Memories’ leaked on Monday afternoon leading to an avalanche of excited tweets and social media shares. It’s only been gathering speed since. Still, what might have been thrilling news for millions of fans wasn’t quite as exciting for the eccentric French duo considering the bootleg download that made itself available was a low-quality file. Taking into account that they’ve been working on bringing back some analogue warmth to dance music since 2008 with this album (which they’ve succeeded in doing from whatever we’ve heard) it’s no wonder they decided to do something about it. iTunes is now offering a free streaming of the entire album and it’s a good thing too for those who prefer their audio a little more high quality.
Here’s a look at the tracklist of Random Access Memories:
1. “Give Life Back to Music” (featuring Nile Rodgers)
2. “The Game of Love”
3. “Giorgio by Moroder” (featuring Giorgio Moroder)
4. “Within” (featuring Chilly Gonzales)
5. “Instant Crush” (featuring Julian Casablancas)
6. “Lose Yourself to Dance” (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
7. “Touch” (featuring Paul Williams)
8. “Get Lucky” (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
11. “Fragments of Time” (featuring Todd Edwards)
12. “Doin’ It Right” (featuring Panda Bear)
13. “Contact” (featuring DJ Falcon)
For those who want to access it (no pun intended) just navigate yourself to iTunes’ Daft Punk artist page and wait for the album’s promo image to appear. Then it’s as simple as clicking ‘Listen Now’ on the album art for the record. Click here to direct yourself to the page in question.
Or you could just wait it out till May 21 when the duo plans to release it officially.
Watch Daft Punk unbox their Random Access Memories Vinyl below: