The weekend saw one of India’s most colourful and extravagant cultural folk festivals take place. To say Jodhpur RIFF was any short of breathtaking would be a lie. Here are 14 pictures to prove just that
1. Welcome to Mehrangarh, folks.
2. Deru performers at Jodhpur RIFF
3. A beautiful sunrise at RIFF
4. What a venue!
5. “A tryst with music and heritage of Rajasthan”
6. Yemen Blues soundcheckin’
7. Early mornings at RIFF were definitely the most productive
8. ” In the Mehrangarh fort. Live dance party mashup of DJ and Rajasthani folk music. Somehow, amazing. ”
9. More Yemen blues
10. “Watch little Firoz play the khartal. He is 11 and a rock star already. Been playing for the past 5 years.”
11. Open theatre performances against the backdrop of the fort. Can’t get better than this
13. International performers are revered at this festival