Alas, the summer has finally come to an end, and that marks the end of festival season in Toronto. But before the sun set down for the final time before the chilly winds of the north meet us, we were able to catch one last event that would put a great end to all the festivals we’ve attended in this glorious season of 2015. Electric Island returned for one last edition on Labour Day before calling it quits till May 2016 when it shall return again. With a line-up so heavy and bound to impress, the expectations were high on this one, and deliver it did.
If for some reason, you weren’t able to attend Electric Island Labour Day, here’s a recap of all the moments we encountered through pictures.
1. Recondite on decks with a giant metal fan keeping him cool during the hot summer day.
2. It isn’t all music with Electric Island; the stage dancers provided an enigmatic show throughout the performances
3. Super Mario was there to attend too.
4. Hungry? These food trucks had you covered no matter what your craving was.
5. An original concept we enjoyed from the previous editions of Electric Island, now multiplied by 3. These Mist castles kept you cool during the hotter hours of the day.
6. We definitely saw a significant audience increase from the previous editions.
7. Loco Dice ready to get the entire crowd off their feet, literally.
8. Green Velvet would’ve been proud of the laser show hitting the crowd.
9. Shout out to the man rocking the bongo in his hand and providing beats alongside the artists. Definitely caught a lot of people’s attention.
10. Drumcode God himself, Adam Beyer on decks to close the night.
11. The mesmerizing hula hoop dancers alongside the stage.