The Cheltenham Festival is an event that has been happening since the 1800s. One of the first Cheltenham events was held on Nottingham Hill in 1815. That’s over 200 years of history and is surely one of the oldest festivals held anywhere in the world.
If we look at the historical records, very little is known about the events back then, and at first, it seemed that the Cheltenham festival was off to a rocky start, with not too many attendants. It initially took around three years for the second meeting to be held.
On the 25th of August in the distant year of 1818, there were a total of five races of which the first ever noted winner is Mr E. Jones and his at the time, five-year-old horse called Miss Tidmarsh.
What Is a Good Way To Place Bets On The Cheltenham Festival?
One of the best ways to enjoy a sporting event is to spice it up a little bit with a good betting session. Even though there are many betting options online and offline, we have some advice which we think would benefit your betting adventure the most.
Take a look at the following Cheltenham free bet offers, and you will most likely be very happy with what’s on offer. The free bet offers will help you place a bet at a lower price, and even for free which will be beneficial for your betting game.
How Does The Cheltenham Festival Look In The Modern Era?
Over the many years, the Cheltenham festival has existed, it has continuously gained popularity and prominence. It’s very popular both for watching and entertainment purposes, and it’s very popular with punters as well.
Nowadays, in modern sports history, it’s many times compared and recognized as equally important as the Wimbledon as well as the British Opera and Grand Prix. This alone speaks for its rise in popularity over the many years of its existence.
Even though before it became more popular it was an event that lasted for a shorter time, however since the 2000s, especially after 2006 its popularity was recognized by its organizers and it was kept in a four-day format.
In the upcoming year 2023, the Cheltenham Festival will be held from the 14th to the 17th of March. Hopefully, the weather will allow for unobjected races. It will feature a total of fourteen Grade One races, split over four seven-racecards with the best horses and jockeys competing at the historical event.
Each day a different event will be held with the following schedule:
- Tuesday, March 14th 2023 – On this day the Unibet champion hurdle will be held. This is a race for two-mile hurdles and one of the races with the highest quality of its kind.
- Wednesday, March 15th 2023 – The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase. A two-mile chaser.
- Thursday 16th March 2023 – Featuring The Ryanair Chase And The Paddy Power Stayers Hurdle. A race run over three miles, one of the most prestigious long-distance races. The Ryanair race is a race for 5-year-old horses.
- Friday 17th March – Featuring The Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup. British and Irish chasers lining up to compete for a prize of £625,000.
If you want to enjoy the event you will be able to choose from a different tier of tickets. You can either buy tickets for the whole event or choose which days you would be most interested in and buy tickets only for those days.
Across four days, there will be a total of 28 races held, as well as 5 feature races.
For March 14th – March 17th you will be able to choose from the following:
- Club Enclosure – £98.00
- Adult – Club Enclosure – £103.00
- Club & Festival Lounge Package – £188.00
- Tattersalls Enclosure – £67.00
- Adult – Tattersalls Enclosure – £72.00
- Best Mate Enclosure – £50.00
- Core On Course – £1350
- Moscow Flyer Restaurant – £420
- Festival Restaurant – £465.00
- Gold Cup Restaurant – £575.00
- Champions Walk Restaurant – £635.00
- Horseshoe Pavilion – £635.00
- Four Eighty Package Restaurant – £735.00
- Cleeve Suite – £810.00
- Final Fence Package – £745.00
- The Horse and Groom – £900.00
- Chez Roux Restaurant – £975.00
All of these tickets are different and include different amenities and features. Some are more exclusive as can be seen by their pricing, and some of them are for people who just want to enjoy the event without any special features.
Depending on what kind of experience you are looking for, you should have no trouble finding something that will suit your taste for the upcoming 2023 Cheltenham Festival.