Last year, two producers managed to grab the attention of dance music’s revered artist – Eric Prydz. This month, they are in playing in India for the very first time! sLick! is bringing down the two producers from Pryda Friends – Jeremy Olander and Fehrplay. The Sherp helps you get to know them better.
1. He is the only DJ, till date, to be officially endorsed by Eric Prydz.
2. His mother is of Indian heritage, which is why he sometimes produces music under the name ‘Dhillon’.
3. Prior to becoming a part of the Pryda empire, Jeremy had releases on JOOF Records, Spinnin’ Records and Phazing.
4. He saw Eric Prydz for the first time at a club called Grodan(The Frog) Cocktail Club.
5. He admits that he prefers remixing tracks that aren’t originally house music, because it’s a good challenge.
6. He is predicted to become the next big thing from Sweden.
7. He was requested by German duo Digitalism to remix their track ‘Circles’ and Toronto-based Glenn Morrison for his track ‘Mine & Yours’.
8. When he started out, he was listening to commercial music. He despised house music in the beginning and thought it sounded silly.
9. His love for dance music started when he heard some old Benny Bennasi on the radio.
10. Instead of branding himself with a single sound, Jeremy says he would rather float around all genres and build into a bigger picture.
^left to right: Eric Prydz, Fehrplay, Jeremy Olander
1. His birth name is Jonas Von Der Fehr.
2. He started off by listening to the early sounds of Axwell and Eric Prydz, and loved the ‘In Trance We Trust’ compilations.
3. He studied music production in Manchester, but dropped out after the second year.
4. In UK, he started hanging around clubs like Sankey’s and Warehouse project on a regular basis.
5. He’s a sucker for jazz music.
6. Outside of the electronic music spectrum, he listens to M83, Harry Gregson Williams, Hans Zimmer, Miles Davis and others.
7. When he’s producing, he starts a film and plays his music over it to see the interesting emotions that are sparkled. He produces most often to Bladerunner.
8. In an interview, he revealed that Jeremy Olander eats only one tiny meal a day.
9. He loves scaring Jeremy and films it every time. Later, he amuses himself with it when he’s bored.
10. Earlier this year, he did a guest mix for Group Therapy (ABGT 011 – check it out!)