Some people are just sick.
A man was evicted from the Craven Country Jamboree campgrounds in Saskatchewan after allegedly setting a kitten on fire. The action was taken after authorities received an animal cruelty complaint soon after which vets arrived on scene. He is now currently being investigated by police under the Criminal Code and the Animal Protection Act, but they provided no further details about the cruelty allegations.
The kitten was immediately taken to TM’z Veterinary Clinic in Lumsden, Saskatchewan where it is now recovering. The clinic posted an update on Sunday saying the kitten, which staff have named “Jamboree,” had burns on her body but is doing well and is comfortable.
The festival also posted a video statement on Facebook :
According to the statement the kitten has now been adopted by someone from the festival committee and will be made the official festival mascot.