The wonderful annual celebration of Naga culture has begun, and these stunning pictures from its first three days will make you wish you were there.
A state-sponsored ten day event, The Hornbill Festival is all about inter-tribe interaction as well as the rich and varied cultural heritage of Nagaland. There’s dancing, games, fanfare and general revelry. In addition to all this, a contemporary Hornbill Rock Festival is hosted in Kohima, where the best of bands battle each other for a grand prize. Adventure car rallies, chilli eating contests and quirky events are also form a part of this glorious celebration.
Here’s the first look at this year’s festival in some gorgeous images, clicked by brilliant photographer Sujay Das.
1. This year’s Hornbill Festival has everything.
2. Stunning Naga women
3. Groups of friends
4. Even the Tetseo Sisters are there!
5. There’s dancing..
6. A whole lot of dancing.
7. People dressed in colourful traditional attire.
8. Each representing their tribe.
9. Hundreds of people have gathered..
10. To watch performances that celebrate Nagaland.
12. There are happy couples
13. Gorgeous headdresses
14. Smiling faces
15. And the beautiful landscape.
What more could you possibly want from a festival? Keep an eye on The Sherp for more pictures of the rest of the event!
(All Images Courtesy: Sujay Das/Facebook)