Have you ever considered taking your mom to a music festival?
You don’t need a special day to enjoy the company of the woman who taught you how to live, but if you do feel the need to cherish her, ditch the corny flowers and Facebook statuses and take her on an adventure. Granted, you can’t get as shitfaced as you usually do but you can seek solace in the fact that you’re going to have a bonding session with your mom like never before.
Still not convinced? Allow us to provide you with some glorious examples of mother-daughter and mother-son bonding at music festivals.
1. Like that time these amazing kids got their moms to Glastonbury
Ellen Cooper (left), 17 with her mother Steph Bryan (right), 44 from Somerset help each other set up camp. This is not the first time the mother-daughter duo have taken up an adventure together. ‘I love doing these things with my mom’, says a happy Ellen. What’s better? The couple jetted off for a six month backpacking trip throughout Europe after Glastonbury (2015) ended.
2. Another example are the adorable Jodie Bull (left), 17, from Guernsey and her mother 57-year-old mother Shirley (right). This was the first time Jodie attended a festival and she could not think of a better festival buddy than her mom, who’s been to the festival more than a few times.
3. When Noisey interviewed parents at the 2015 Pitchfork festival, there was a very surprising consensus amongst the young parents. Moms with kids at music festivals are cool AF. Moms took their kids to watch LCD Soundsystem and Vampire Weekend, while sipping on ice teas. Moms are so in.
4. If you think moms at music festivals is something new, think again. Just like almost everything, it has already been done at the greatest music festival, Woodstock. And of course, with style. Yes, amidst all the chaos of the festival, there were women brave enough to bring their children along.
5. You never know, your mom might rock the festival style much better than you ever expected. Exactly as this EDC-goer realised.
Just in case in case you were wondering, the mom’s the one on the right. Check out their outfits for day 2!
6. Glastonbury 2013 saw the cutest mom-son moment, when a vocalist of a certain British band made his mom feel extra special by making a crowd of 10,000 people wish her a happy birthday. Apart from being extremely talented it turns out Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys may be the best son in the world.