The world’s favourite festival concluded yesterday and there were tomatoes galore.
Apart from painting the little Spanish town of Bunol red (quite literally), people took the opportunity to let loose and have a ball of time.
Rumours go that the festival started as a result of a street fight that broke out when a man started to pelt everyone with vegetables from a market stall nearby. That one little fight has turned into yearly pilgrimage for enthusiasts and has made it to the bucket list of people from around the world. With such a massive inflow of globetrotters, you are sure to come across a bunch of weirdos, first-timers, pros and enthu-cutlets. Here are a few we couldn’t miss mentioning.
1. Those who got some practice before the big day.
(Image courtesy: www.instagram.com/xenia_rediska)
2. Those who made sure they had a plan.
(Image courtesy: www.instagram.com/jessie_krol)
3. Those who clearly didn’t anticipate the mess they were going to get themselves into.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/munzypunzy)
4. Those who clearly did.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/pptravel)
5. Those who didn’t miss the opportunity to show where their loyalties lie.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/bu2flyxx)
6. Those who had to showoff to the social media world.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/blue6oy)
7. Those who were caught unaware (ouch!).
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/tomeddy_)
8. Those who pretended like they were.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/ryotarolab)
9. Those who had a little too much.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/lunarlustandstardust)
10. Those who were asking for more.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/elestimulo)
11. Those who took charge.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/reverendherbert)
12. Those who got the festival mixed up with grape crushing season.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/stannesecond)
13. Those who took time out to capture the mayhem.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagra.com/sumlinsean)
14. Those who weren’t given a choice.
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/gracecuciniellotravlcounsellor)
15. And finally, those who had pure, unadulterated, good ole fashioned FUN!
(Image Courtesy: www.instagram.com/theobjective_es)
When are you ticking La Tomatina off your bucket list?