Before you get to raise the “Temperature” with Sean Paul at Vh1 Supersonic, get to know more about the dancehall guru and his life.
Regarded as one of the hottest dance hall singers in the world and the party-starter with many hits, Sean Paul is the complete act. Hailing from Jamaica, the singer has many accolades to his name and hits such as No Lie, I’m Still In Love With You, She Doesn’t Mind, Temperature, and Give It Up To Me.
His most recent numbers include No Lie ft. Dua Lipa, and Body ft. Migos. Witness the electrifying performance of Sean Paul and croon out to some of greatest hits at Vh1 Supersonic on Feb. 11th. Before you do that, here are some interesting facts about Sean Paul that you absolutely have to know!
1. Meet Sean Paul Ryan Francis Henriques!
Yup, that’s his real name! Quite a mouthful isn’t it?! We’ll just refer to him as Sean Paul for both our sake through the rest of this article!
2. Sean Paul comes from a family of swimmers
He was in the Jamaican National Water-polo team from the age of 13 to 21, when he quit to pursue his career in music.
3. He studied at the University of Technology and was being trained to pursue a career in Hotel Management
4. Performed with Shaggy & Friends to raise funds for new equipment ‘For Aid to the Bustamante Hospital for Children’
5. The last time Sean Paul was in India was in 2012, when he performed in Mumbai, New Delhi, and Bangalore in November
6. Sean Paul worked as a chef and a bank teller before starting a career as a musician
7. Nominated for 4 awards at the 2006 Billboard Music Awards, including male artist of the year, rap artist of the year, hot 100 single of the year, & pop single of the year for his hit “Temperature”
Listen to his hot dance tune, “Temperature“:
8. Sean Paul is admittedly a fan of Priyanka Chopra and is eager to meet her.
Sean Paul’s single “No Lie” featured in Priyanka Chopra’s 2017 Hollywood film, Baywatch. Paul praised the Indian actor and said he would very much like to meet her.“I wish that desire came true but I didn’t get a chance to meet her as we were very packed with our schedules. But being a part of Baywatch itself means a lot. I would still say that I would love to meet her as she’s one of my favourites and I really like the way she performs.” – Sean Paul (cited. Tribune)
9. He is married to Jodi “Jinx” Stewart Henriques and the couple announced the birth of their first child, a son, Levi Blaze Henriques on Feb. 26.
10. The video of “Give It Up to Me” (featuring Keyshia Cole) was also featured in the movie Step Up in 2006
If there’s one artist that will get the most left-footed dancers in the lot groovin’ like a pro, it has to be Sean Paul. Sean Paul will perform on Day 3 (Feb. 11th) of Vh1 Supersonic. Be smart, you do not want to miss out on it!
Vh1 Supersonic will take place at Laxmi Lawns in Pune from Feb. 9-11. Book your tickets now, right here.
Follow Sean Paul on Facebook.
Stay tuned to the Sherp for more updates.